Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Value of Word of Mouth Advertising.

Last month I was at a large festive and I was without any business cards. Having a business card for your blog is an advantage when you are practicing "Word of mouth advertising." You could just be sitting at a bus stop somewhere and start talking to another person; if you mention that you make money from blogging they will be intrigued.

I have mentioned to quite a few people that I make money from blogging and that peaks their interest. One of the most popular questions is how do you make money from blogging? Well the answer is always more complicated than the answer I give them. What I usually respond with is "I get paid from publishing ads on my blog." They'll ask me how it works and I give them the basics, every time someone views one of my pages that counts as an impression, those add up and will earn me a few cents. Another way I earn from publishing ads is when people click on the ads. When people click on your ads you earn some money from that.

A reason you will need a business card for you blog is so people don't have to try and remember your URL. You don't even have to write your URL down for them, you can give it to them on your business card. Most people are more likely to retain a business card than a scribbling on a piece of paper. The value of having a card for your blog is worth the cost in shipping. I only paid for the shipping of my business cards, the website I visited to find them was offering 250 business cards for free; you just pay for the shipping. When all is said and done you will have another tool to help bring traffic to your blog. Let's face it, if you want to make money blogging online you are going to have to do some leg work and having a business card will certainly help you do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online